Saturday, August 17, 2013

The 30 minute garden blitz

After saying in my last post that I have a lot of time I actually manage to fill it pretty well and although I would LOVE to spend an entire day gardening that rarely happens as I LOVE exercise too and have dogs to work kids to tend too and well I don't need to explain life to anyone we are all I the same boat! But the weather has been divine for Victorian Winter and I have been determined to get in 30 minutes of gardening the occasional morning and 30 minutes every night sometimes its right before dark but never the less I grab the opportunity and usually have a plan of what I want to achieve and its amazing what I can get weeded in that time. I have my garden tools out all over the yard for easy access although sometimes remembering where I have left them can be a bit tricky! A couple of days ago as soon as I exited the car before I went in side I managed to hoe little drains in the front beds then hoe the paths and rake the leaves off the path and it looked fantastic! I usually weed most afternoon 30 minute slots as I can try and get all the Vitamin D I can from the sun - its so rare in Ballarat Winters! I have included some before and after shots of how much you can get done doing little bursts of gardening. :) Also I posted this a month ago - now the weather is arctic but still if its not raining I can often manage to get out there after the kids get home from school for at least 30 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. I spent ALL Saturday pruning out the back of my yard, and could hardly walk with the stiffness. Little bursts is the way to go, and you can get heaps done. You just have to keep going. I LOVE your garden. Look forward to seeing you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sure can, I started today at 5.00pm planted a few punnets in the front, watered in and thought I can do a little pruning too, before I knew it I was hand weeding the path near my canaries and feeding the weeds to the chooks! It's a bit addictive but in such a good way was 6pm by the time I even thought about dinner but I felt rejuvenated. :) I am going to work flat out these holidays as weeds are shooting up all over the place!

      Delete
  2. Missed seeing you today...will email tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete