Saturday, March 1, 2014

Positives and surprises

Today my middle son had his birthday party it was a day of celebrations but a day I felt torn apart too.  My son is 11 and had a girlfriend incredible I know, she dumped him earlier this week and did not arrive at his party even though now they are "just friends" I was torn because I felt bad that she was sad when he was not at all effected, because he didn't give her the cuddles she needed and worried that had I brought up an emotionally stunted boy unable to show a caring side. I was sure I hadn't as this was a child who got up super early to raid the yard on Valentines day for the perfect rose for his girl. But he seemed so I effected by the break up.

Then he told me "Mum, I wanted to break up with her months ago, I felt too young to be in a relationship, I didn't break up with her though because I didn't want to make her sad and hurt her feelings". And my heat sung, I knew he was a special and caring boy. 


This is my special boy playing bubble soccer.


His cake, won't be 12 for a few days yet though.


Such fun was had.


I think this quote sums up how this child feels about life.


This is the quote I need right now, I struggle with change.  I struggle with my boys growing up. I don't want them to be hurt.  Ever.


This is relevant to my career, had I not had this middle child and been shown the way to bond to him, I would not be a massage therapist.


This child reminds me of this often when I get overwhelmed with the enormity of my dreams and goals, he makes it all simple for me and gets me back into focus.  I don't so much care for success in monitory terms, but I want to change so much in so many places. 


This is to make you laugh, it made me laugh, Monty of course jumped into all the birthday bags.  

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your beautiful boy...wish my challenge had a heart like him

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe he does but just isn't sure how to show it. I really had to dig deep yesterday to hear he didn't break up as not to hurt feelings. I think perhaps to the girlfriend he is totally unfeeling. Never mind too young for girlfriend at 12!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful Monty, now I know where he comes from! Thanks for stopping by my blog. You are so lucky to have a family of boys, especially with one keen on growing things. That will bring him a lifetime of joy! I wonder what Salvias you planted. I always seem to plant things too close together. I find it hard to gauge when the ground is bare...it always looks a lot bigger.

    ReplyDelete